koha-translate

[Koha-translate] Re: [Koha] Translators

From: Marco Gaiarin
Subject: [Koha-translate] Re: [Koha] Translators
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:48:40 +0200

Mandi! Nicholas Rosasco
  In chel di` si favelave...

> My thought at the moment is that before Koha will "officially" support (ie,
> list a translation of either documentation or application) a language I'd
> like to see at least two active translators listed on:
> http://www.saas.nsw.edu.au/wiki/index.php?page=TranslationTeams

Oh, my name... ;)))

> At least one participant should able to cope with the technical language of
> librarians and UNIX installation.

Hem... O;-)))

> Please be aware if you are consenting to volunteer that you will, most
> likely, be asked to help the developer and support volunteers translate
> questions and comments as well.  This is not likely to be a one time job.

I've speak frankly to you and in main koha list: my goal is to adopt
koha from now (1.2.1) in my office of my organization (a nonprofit one,
for disabled children), and push the adoption of 1.4.X for all the
organization offices in italy, localizing that.

> Eventually, those languages that are officially supported will have website
> space at <country code>.koha.org... currently, the only language/nation to
> have that status is France (fr).  Those languages that continue to be
> supported will keep those sites, those that aren't will be turned off until
> the two-active-person rule is met.  I, and the other Koha project members,
> care sufficiently for the user communities and reputation of open source in
> general enough to not want anyone stuck with an application they can only
> upgrade to a new version in the wrong language. I know this sounds mean, but
> the alternative for them would be much much worse.

You're in right, but i think that this can be accomplished only if can
be found a (illuminated ;) commercial sw house in italy that can
actively support and localize koha, making money with support (as katipo
do, i think).

As a user i can contribute the translation of the manual, of the
program but really not support for other, or handling a it.koha.org
website.

I've just my business... ;-)))

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin                                 GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

            Supporta il disegno di legge sul software libero!
          http://www.softwarelibero.it/news/news020417_01.shtml