koha-translate

[Koha-translate] Re: uk_UA translation, utf-8 and templates wishes

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-translate] Re: uk_UA translation, utf-8 and templates wishes
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 12:06:42 +0200

Serhij Dubyk / Сергій Дубик a écrit :
Good day
Hello Serhij,
I am prepared new part of Ukrainian translation of Koha.
It's based on Koha 2.2.8 and my be good for new Koha 2.2.9.
thanks, all those files will be with 2.2.9 release.
I also did small research about a cyrillic alphabet and try to use
utf-8 everywhere: linux-locale, apache, koha-templates ...
A suggestion : you should add a page on the wiki to explain what you did (wiki.koha.org)
During translation of css/default templates set I found some translation
bugs/wishes or maybe features (-;

css opac:
*) in templates in files "/includes/*.inc" and "opac-main.tmpl"
  need make translatable (->PO)
  "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>"
OK, fixed by removing the xml header : it's supposed to be HTML 4 transitional, as for intranet.
*) in "opac-searchresults.tmpl" not in PO next string
  "results found"
did you update your .po file ? because I don't have the problem with french translation, so ???
default intranet:
*) in "orrowers_stats.tmpl" not translated phrase
  "If you chose zipcode, since the 2 first digits in France represents the
country (HĂ©rault 34, Haute-Garonne 31), some may want to have stats on
representation of this countries. That is why you can select to group
stats on some digits of zipcode."
  but present in PO
probably the é. I've removed it to have herault in the template. Update to check & confirm.
*) please add to "countrycodes.dat":
   482 = Ukraine
   46 = Russian Federation
what are you speaking of ? where is this file ?
*) in "memberentry.tmpl" need to be translatable next sex symbols
  "F" & "M"
right, i've changed to Female and Male + fixed some strangeness in html
*) in "members-home.tmpl" will be good to change alphabet list
 "A || B || C || D || E || F || G || H || I || J || K || L || M || N || O
|| P || Q || R || S || T || U || V || W || X || Y || Z"
 to template language or custom (maybe insert all above string in PO)
iirc, it's removed in head (koha 3.0), and I don't see how to have the string in .po
*) in "moremember.tmpl" not in PO next symbols
  "Y" & "N"
changed to "Yes" and "No", should be translatable now.
*) main part of "marctagstructure.tmpl" not translatable,
   some phrases present in PO (but not changed in my language), some not
!!! There was a trailing -- that confused our translation tools. It's fixed now. many thanks.
*) in "about.tmpl" not translated phrase
   "<b>ENSMP (Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Mines de Paris)</b>, France
(biblio frameworks, MARC authorities, OPAC basket, Serials support
funding)"
   but present in PO
   and also this
   "Esiee School (JĂ©rome Vizcaino, Michel Lerenard, Pierre Cauchois)"
I don't have the problem. Maybe it's a utf-8 problem as well. However, it's really minor, I don't do anything.

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants en logiciels libres et bibliothéconomie