koha-translate

[Koha-translate] Turkish translation

From: Selma Aslan
Subject: [Koha-translate] Turkish translation
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 21:47:03 +0000 (GMT)

Dear All

I regret to inform you that there are problems concerning translation into Turkish, and I wonder if there are other languages in the same situation.  Although we have translated all staff file excluding UniMarc strings in French,  the file is not in the system altogether and therefore librarian interface is not available in Turkish. In case of OPAC it appears in Turkish mostly but there are some expressions which are not offered for translation appearing in English on the screeens such as "important links here" , and names of material types by the side of images;  not to mention expressions in  English within the images like cart inside  the cart image.

Is it possible to check why staff file in Turkish does not appear at all, and can missing strings in OPAC be put on Pootle for completion of translation please.

The Turkish translation team members are as follows:

Selma Aslan
Aşır Doğaner (Asir Doganer)
Mehmet Ali Yar
Mehmet Emin Küçük (Mehmet Emin Kucuk)
İlkay Holt
Haydar Yalçın
S. Cihan Doğan (S. Cihan Dogan)
Adem Aydemir

I hope all our efforts will not be in vain once again.

Many thanks and kind regards

Selma Aslan