koha-translate

[Koha-translate] Dumb translating questions?

From: Marcel de Rooy
Subject: [Koha-translate] Dumb translating questions?
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 09:44:25 +0000

Hi,

Just some dumb questions from someone, not working too much on Pootle and translation ;)

1)     I notice a new contributor in our Dutch nl-NL. Is there a way to contact/e-mail another Pootle user?  If I see that someone made say 5 contributions, can I see which 5 expressions were changed?

2)     Somehow we have a lot of errors with %s in our translation. Sometimes the translators removed them or miscounted. Personally, I think that it is quite strange that you should translate lots of expressions containing only %s’s. I am thinking now of removing such expressions from the local po file to be run on Koha. Did someone of you already have experience in that regard?
Note that I also have errors on such ones, like:
Creating ../../koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl/prog/nl-NL//modules/opac-basket.tt...
: Completely confused parametrizing -- msgid:
%s %s %s%s%s%s %s %s%s %

Thanks,

Marcel