koha-zebra

Re: [Koha-zebra] indexing with File Record IDs, or General Record IDs ?

From: Sebastian Hammer
Subject: Re: [Koha-zebra] indexing with File Record IDs, or General Record IDs ?
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:20:37 -0400

It's a two-step process.

First, you ensure that the appropriate field is indexed using a certain USE attribute. You do this in the abs file in the usual way. Let's say you use USE attr 12, local number, for this.

Second, you tell Zebra that for this setup, you want Bib-1 attribute local-number to be the record ID. You could do this thusly (in zebra.cfg):

recordId: (bib1,local-number)

You can have multiple 'tokens' in the recordId setting to match on other criteria as well, and I believe it is possible to have different keys for different databases using the group setting feature.

The description of this setting is in http://www.indexdata.dk/zebra/doc/generic-ids.tkl

Best regards,

--Sebastian