koha-zebra

[Koha-zebra] ZOOM-Perl release 1.09, now with tasty CCL!

From: Mike Taylor
Subject: [Koha-zebra] ZOOM-Perl release 1.09, now with tasty CCL!
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:56:08 +0100 (BST)

Hi, Josh and others,

I've just made release 1.09 of ZOOM-Perl, which will show up on CPAN
in its own sweet time and which in the mean time is available from:
        http://www.miketaylor.org.uk/tmp/Net-Z3950-ZOOM-1.09.tar.gz

The changes in this release should solve your UI query-language
problem:

1.09  Tue Jun 13 17:44:43 2006
        - Add new function Net::Z3950::ZOOM::query_ccl2rpn(), for
          client-side CCL compilation.
        - Add new ZOOM::Query::CCL2RPN class, encapsulating CCL
          compiler functionality as a Query subclass.  This allows
          client-side CCL to be used for both search and scan.
        - Add two new error-codes, CCL_CONFIG and CCL_PARSE,
          returned by the client-side CCL facilities.
        - Supply a sample CCL profile file: samples/ccl/default.bib,
          copied from the same-named file distributed with YAZ.
        - The test-scripts t/12-query.t and t/22-query.t are extended
          to also test client-side CCL searching.
        - The test-scripts t/15-scan.t and t/25-scan.t are extended
          to also test client-side CCL scanning.
        - Documentation updated to describe use of CCL.
        - Add a nice, simple update client: samples/zoom/update.pl

Because this is so very hot-off-the-press, it requires YAZ release
2.1.21 or better, which has not in fact been released yet; you can
build it against a CVS checkout of YAZ, or wait for the next release
(they seem to come along pretty frequently).

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor  <address@hidden>  http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "Once I had a guy in my face telling me if I couldn't put my book
         into a one sentence theme, I wasn't a good writer.  I kicked
         him in the shins.  So that's my thinking on this subject" --
         Jo Ann Yolanda Hernandez.