l4-hurd

Re: Constructors vs. GNU (was: Future Direction of GNU Hurd?)

From: William ML Leslie
Subject: Re: Constructors vs. GNU (was: Future Direction of GNU Hurd?)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 08:41:40 +1100

Quick one for any non-technical readers: we're trying to make sure that any features we add do not enable DRM or otherwise make it easier for proprietary services or systems to hold users captive. We're diving deep into this in the context of some objections that were made many years ago, which i knew were not only faulty but also missed the real danger.  The features make many types of programs more robust, so it's worth getting to the bottom of it.