laptopkernel-devel

Re: [Laptopkernel-devel] non-compile problem with gcc 3.3

From: Franz Ratzinger
Subject: Re: [Laptopkernel-devel] non-compile problem with gcc 3.3
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 09:51:24 +0200

Hi,

I really would like to run a laptopkernel patched kernel but this
compile failure prevents me from doing so.
I do not have SuSE and I do not have GCC 3.3 either.
But I read about there is a bug in the GCC-version that SuSE shipped with
version 8.2 of their distro.
At that time, GCC 3.3 was not released yet and SuSE took a pre-release
version. I suppose it has any reason why Gentoo has this version masked till
now.
It's a problem of gcc 3.3. Debian unstable with gcc 3.3 has the same problem.

cu
Franz