libcdio-devel

[Libcdio-devel] -lcurses and keypad()

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] -lcurses and keypad()
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 21:39:39 -0500

[problems with cdda-player]

Thanks for the report. Yes, on my list of things to do has been to
test for ncurses as well as the curses library and deal with these --
right now we just test for the curses.h header. It is/will be part of
a more general effort to go over cdda-player. Another item in this
effort to improve cdda-player will be adding CD-Text support.

But until then, I added (just yesterday) an option to configure:
--without-cdda-player. So you can disable cdda-player altogether if it
is a problem while the dust settles. On GNU/Linux cdda-player probably
works okay. That's also largely true on Solaris and cygwin. But I
think it is largely broken on OSX and FreeBSD until more of the audio
controls are filled out.

- - -

For those interested, The long-term plan though is after the audio
controls are pretty completed and cdda-player generally stable enough
cdda-player, we'll go through yet another release process.

Then after a release time to add more stuff: A C++ wrapper
perhaps. Maybe UDF, maybe improve some of the image drivers. Dunno.