libcdio-devel

[Libcdio-devel] open(x, O_RDONLY|O_NONBLOCK) vs. O_RDONLY) on FreeBSD (S

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] open(x, O_RDONLY|O_NONBLOCK) vs. O_RDONLY) on FreeBSD (Solaris, GNU/Linux)?
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 06:27:05 -0400

Heiner just noticed an omission in the FreeBSD initialization code
where I was missing some open flags on the file descriptor that is
used internally.

Heiner suggested open(psz_device, O_RDONLY) and I notice on GNU/Linux
the flags are O_RDONLY|NONBLOCK. If I have this correctly, Burkhard
Plaum suggests that this would be preferred -- well at least it works
better for an empty CD-ROM where one wants to open the tray.

Anyone have comments, suggestions, thoughts? Anyone want to venture
what might be correct for FreeBSD, Solaris (BSDI, etc)?

Thanks.