libcdio-devel

Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD-Text order of operation bug

From: plaum
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD-Text order of operation bug
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 01:50:21 +0200 (CEST)

> Christian A. Moser reports this problem with CD-Text retrieval (tested
> on both libcdio 0.72 and 0.74). I think I've noticed it too and
> probalby others have as well, but he may have narrowed the problem down
> more into (I think) an order of operation bug. If there is as he
> suggests and uninitalized problem I suppose a memory-leak detector like
> valgrind on GNU/Linux will find. I'll look into this when I get a chance
> but I want to alert/forward it in case someone else would like to
> find/fix.

Seems to be the following: the function get_first_track_num_generic()
implicitely reads the toc:

  if (!p_env->toc_init)
    p_env->cdio->op.read_toc (p_user_data);

while get_cdtext_generic() doesn't.

I think inserting the above 2 lines at the very beginning of
get_cdtext_generic() should fix it.

Should I commit this ? I cannot test it because my apps behave well and
build the toc first :)

Cheers

Burkhard