libcdio-devel

[Libcdio-devel] Re: --enable-shared and --disable-static --with-versione

From: Nicolas Boullis
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] Re: --enable-shared and --disable-static --with-versioned-libs problem
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 02:08:50 +0200

Hi Rocky,

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 04:55:13AM -0400, R. Bernstein wrote:
> Gabor Z. Papp reports a problem in building vcdimager (but I think
> there is a corresponding problem in libcdio); the options
> --enable-shared and --disable-static were used together and it seems
> to cause a problem when --with-versioned-libs (the default) is also in
> effect.
>
> I think is happening that objects get created in lib/.libs (of
> vcdimager) but not in lib/ as happens for the static
> compilations. This then causes the code for creating libvcdinfo to
> fail since it seems to be looking in lib/ for the objects.
>
> Here is part of the output Papp's from "make":

(...)

> One way to address this might be to force --disable-versioned-libs
> when --disable-static is given. Another possibility is to look in
> .libs here. Any suggestions or comments?

OK, I guess my hack to build the correct list of object files to give to
nm was somewhat unreliable... :-(
I just tried to write something cleaner, and it looks like I succeded.
See the attached patch, for libcdio-0.74/lib/driver/Makefile.am. If it
is confirmed to work fine, it can trivially be adapted for other
Makefile.am files...

Cheers,

Nicolas