libcdio-devel

Re: [Libcdio-devel] Possibly planning libcdio and vcdimager releases

From: Burkhard Plaum
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Possibly planning libcdio and vcdimager releases
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 18:17:45 +0200

>  > My favourite way to fix this, would be to convert everything to UTF-8
>  > internally.
>
> Can this be done all of the time?

I think most iconv implementations should support all charsets
present in cdtext.
I also believe that UTF-8 is a good choice, since it's becoming
the de-facto standard at least on the linux desktop.

> That said, this is not to let me stop others from stepping up.

I'm currently busy for the next few weeks with other things, but I
would like to add the implicit UTF-8 conversion in one of my next
time-windows.

--
Dr.-Ing. Burkhard Plaum