libcdio-devel

Re: [Libcdio-devel] libdio 0.76cvs last call?

From: Nicolas Boullis
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] libdio 0.76cvs last call?
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 23:39:21 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 18, 2005 at 04:49:18PM -0400, R. Bernstein wrote:
> Nicolas Boullis writes:
>  > I've been very inactive recently,
>
> I think it is expected that this is the way things work in open-source
> projects. For me if not others, the times when you have been active,
> more than make up for the inactive times ;-)

Thanks :-)

>  > but have been working at packaging
>  > 0.75 for Debian.
>
> Excellent!  0.76 is strictly a bugfix release and in 0.77, I (if not I
> hope others) will start to make headway on UDF support which will
> probably take a long while and will either mean the next release will
> be some time off and/or probably make the next libcdio releases
> unstable in some way.  Given this, for those distributions want to get
> the most bang for the effort, I think 0.76 then would be the version
> of libcdio to synchronize against.

OK, I'll wait for 0.76 befor I upload.

>  > Oh, and how about versionning the symbols in libcdio_cdda.so and
>  > libcdio_paranoia.so?
>
> You are the expert here. If you want to make the changes needed to CVS
> by all means do so. Or send a patch.

Well, I certainly won't push such changes myself, as this is fairly
prone to break something...
Anyway, here is a proposed patch; I hope I haven't forgotten any
needed symbol...

Oh, and I also just had a user who complained about "new" being used as
an identifier in the declaration of iso9660_name_translate_ext. (See
http://bugs.debian.org/329082 .) As far as I can see, this bug does not
exist any more in current CVS. But i might also be nice to remove all
occurences of new used as an identifier.

Cheers,

Nicolas