libcdio-devel

Re: [Libcdio-devel] cdparanoia changes

From: Jason Voegele
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] cdparanoia changes
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 11:16:00 -0400

On Friday 16 May 2008 10:55:58 am Peter Creath wrote:
> Thank you for pointing this out.  I had recently sent Monty the merged
> patches/comments I made to libcdio-paranoia long ago.  I didn't
> realize he had merged them into the main trunk.
>
> Not only did he merge them, but he appears to have answered all of my
> outstanding questions.  Hurrah!
>
> Have you noticed any functional changes he made?

Not yet.  I just updated my copy of the source from Subversion and noticed
several recent commits.  I've built a local copy and I'm going to experiment
with it.

My overarching concern is whether to use cdparanoia from Xiph or
cdio-cdparanoia from libcdio as the engine for my CD ripper.  If the intent
is that libcdio will incorporate changes from Xiph then that would make my
decision easy. :)

--
Jason Voegele
"Well," Brahma said, "even after ten thousand explanations, a fool is no