libcdio-devel

[Libcdio-devel] cdparanoia and skipping

From: Peter Creath
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] cdparanoia and skipping
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 12:47:58 -0400

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 12:06 PM, Robert William Fuller
<address@hidden> wrote:
> An aside....  What does it mean when paranoia indicates a "skip" error?

My recollection is pretty rusty, but basically it's what happens when
paranoia gives up trying a given read.  (You can set
PARANOIA_MODE_NEVERSKIP to keep this from happening.)  In short, it
tries its best to fill in the "skipped" area with previously read data
that's likely to belong in the skipped region.

> How would this relate to reading from the disc pre-gap?  Note that the
> sector number would be in the range (-150, 0].

I'm not sure.  I haven't looked carefully at how paranoia handles
negative sector numbers.