libcdio-devel

Re: [Libcdio-devel] Re: Submission of new mmc function for libcdio

From: Rocky Bernstein
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Re: Submission of new mmc function for libcdio
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 11:20:34 -0500

Thanks - this is good.

Are the states:

   1. writing from scratch (blank)
   2. overwritable (but not necessarily blank)
   3. erased (and now blank) but not known new media

distinguishable using MMC, even though libburn doesn't need to separate
these?
If so, or if there are* other* clearly distinct states of information which
are combined in that enumeration, I think it would be to separate them.
Having done this, it is still possible to write an "is_blank()" routine
which tests for some set of enumeration values.

Also, although I can see why libburn may find it useful to combine drive and
media status here, I'm not sure it would be advisable from the standpoint of
a developing general library.