libcdio-devel

Re: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio 0.83 release around Oct 27, FreeBSD-8 test

From: Rocky Bernstein
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio 0.83 release around Oct 27, FreeBSD-8 test
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 11:55:51 -0400

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 9:12 AM, Thomas Schmitt <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I've revised this section. I had thought the intent was pretty clear, but
> > I've made it more explicit now. So please reread what is now in git.
>
> Since the actual problem on FreeBSD is with "make check" only,

Without boring everyone with the details (and they were there in the log
output thanks to  remake) the problem is something in your build environment
on FreeBSD.

Do you have these errors when you build from the tarball at
http://bashdb.sf.net/libcdio-0.83git.tar.bz2 ?

What version of autoconf and automake are you using?

> consider to emphasize remake in point 4 of README.libcdio.
> Like
>
>  4. Run the regression tests if you want:
>
>      remake check  # Some tests might fail with make or gmake

Remake *is* gmake. (For the code you got, it is GNU make version 3.82).
"remake" just has code added to it to give more diagnostic output; also it
includes better tracing and a debugger.