libcdio-devel

Re: [Libcdio-devel] RFC: Remove BSDi and OS/2 drivers

From: Robert Kausch
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] RFC: Remove BSDi and OS/2 drivers
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2014 16:42:14 +0200

Maybe we should deprecate and disable those drivers by default, but allow enabling them by adding --enable-os2 / --enable-bsdi to configure.

Thinking this further, we might add --enable-xy options for all drivers, so users could force building drivers on new untested OS releases without fiddling with the configure script. For instance, with --enable-freebsd the FreeBSD driver would be build even on a future FreeBSD 11 which the configure script does not detect yet.

My autotools skills are not sufficient to implement this, though, so someone else would have to do it.