libcdio-devel

[Libcdio-devel] Release planning...

From: Rocky Bernstein
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] Release planning...
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2018 14:10:53 -0400

I've merged in some the netbsd-mmc-rdwr-excl branch (adds read/write
exclusive access mode on NetBSD.  Edd Barrett has some changes which allow
this to work on openbsd, and some outright bug fixes. For example:

https://github.com/vext01/libcdio/commit/15f7273c197fdb4bb5eb1b6bb51487a9b25d2f7b

or

https://github.com/vext01/libcdio/commit/90f0752c5f848f8f1e3f1807c7270c
430b2bfa0a

Often I have been making a release around the end of October. But right now
it looks like I will be very busy around then. So more realistic is to do
the around the holiday part of 2018/2019.

We/Thomas should decide what work we/he wants to get in for the release
that isn't arleady there.

My take on the code is that I want to remove the custom boolean stuff that
may have been cool circa 2000, but nowadays should be replaced by POSIX
stdbool.h.

If that causes a big change in the release numbering, according to semanic
versioning rules, so be it.

Thoughts?