libcdio-devel

Re: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio tools cannot read multi-exent files with Jol

From: Ben Kohler
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio tools cannot read multi-exent files with Joliet exensions on
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 09:53:35 -0500

On Fri, Jun 24, 2022 at 7:39 AM Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:

> @ Ben Kohler:
> You'd do me a big favor if you could test this with your use cases.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the patch.  I can't quite get the first hunk to apply
cleanly with patch but I've hand-applied all the changes.

This does indeed allow iso-info to list the file correctly without
warnings/errors, and iso-read is able to extract the file.

My ACTUAL use-case/goal here is to get Rufus to successfully extract &
copy a Gentoo LiveGUI ISO [1] which contains a 5GB squashfs image
inside.  But once I found that Rufus was using libcdio inside, I began
testing with libcdio CLI tools.

I believe that this patch would allow Rufus to succeed with the Gentoo ISO.

Thanks,
Ben

[1]
http://distfiles.gentoo.org/releases/amd64/autobuilds/20220605T170549Z/livegui-amd64-20220605T170549Z.iso