libcdio-help

[Libcdio-help] (no subject)

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: [Libcdio-help] (no subject)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 23:53:32 -0500

FCC: rocky
Return-Receipt-to: address@hidden
--text follows this line--
Sorry I didn't see/attend to this befor.

Yary reports:
  Hello all, and apologies for asking about what should "just work..."

  I'd like to use libcdio for a personal project which may turn into
  some generally useful open-source shareware or freeware- I'm working
  in Windows now using cross platform libraries, with the goal of
  eventually porting to MacOS & Linux & BSDs. All I need at the moment
  is a listing of installed CD drives, though I'll probably include some
  cdparanoia in the longer term.

I thing libcdio handles this.

  ..

  echo 'CDIO_CDDA_0 { ' > libcdio_cdda.la.ver
  objs=`for obj in common_interface.lo cddap_interface.lo interface.lo ...
     done`; \
  nm ${objs} | sed -n -e 's/^.*[  ][ABCDGIRSTW][ABCDGIRSTW]*[     ][      ]...

This output comes when --with-versioned-libs is in effect which is the
default. It assumes POSIX like things like "sed", "nm" GNU Ld. If you
are not using cygwin, chances are you don't have these and so a first
attempt would be to try configuring --without-versioned-libs.

This message from libtool I think is suggestive:

  *** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive
../../lib/driver/lib
  cdio.la.
  *** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
  *** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

The configure options might be interesting. Did you configure with
--disable-shared? If not then I guess I'd wonder why the shared
library can't be found or it looks like libtool is messed up. So there
were probably earlier messages that lead to this one.