libcdio-help

[Libcdio-help] Checking if disc is empty with libcdio

From: Kamil Ignacak
Subject: [Libcdio-help] Checking if disc is empty with libcdio
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 22:16:52 +0100

Hi,

I am looking for authoritative information on how to check if given media in drive is blank/empty: when either it is brand new CD-R/RW disc or a CD-RW disc that was blanked e.g. by cdrecord in fast or full mode.

I searched for this information in your online documentation, doxygen documentation of API, header files available on my computer and even in example programs available in libcdio sources.

There is no paragraph stating that "value x returned by function f() means that the disc is empty".

I have found an information that "An empty drive can be detected by checking if cdio_get_last_track_num() returns CDIO_INVALID_TRACK." I use cdio_get_first_track_num() in my code and check if it returns CDIO_INVALID_TRACK - this is how this function behaves for empty CD disc.

So at this point my code works, but I would like to be sure that it works not only by pure coincidence, but because I am using libcdio correctly.

Could you please let me know?

Kind regards,
Kamil Ignacak

By the way - could you please add this project: http://cdw.sourceforge.net/ to this list: http://www.gnu.org/software/libcdio/projects.html ? Thanks!