liberty-eiffel

Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Haystacking my changes

From: Paolo Redaelli
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Haystacking my changes
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 02:28:27 +0100

Il 19/01/2016 22:32, Raphael Mack ha scritto:
> Hi Paolo,
>
> as you may have seen, I tried to revert the things.
> If you find anything more, don't hesitate to revert further commits. I
> have reverted what I have seen. - Maybe even more, it seems, that I
> resurrected the LLVM backend, that I killed years ago (without
> remembering why I was so hard with it.)
>
> So let's see how ET handles it and hope that we are back on the green
> path of decreasing failing test cases.
>
> Regards,
> Rapha

I was doing the same on my repo:
https://github.com/tybor/Liberty/commits/master

So now I'm *not* pulling from your repo on github but only from GNU.

I was betting I would have found many clashes, instead my "git pull gnu
master" was smooth. I'll try a complete rebuild tomorrow just to be sure.

I created a bell branch on my repo, shall we create it also on gnu?

Gcc5 now provides libgccjit so there is no need to use llvm anymore. I
think it's wiser to use libgccjit since Liberty is the GNU compiler.
We're still using llvm indirectly with castxml but that's another issue
entirely.

I'm also picking zlib wrappers again: I wrote a wiki page that needs
updates too.