liberty-eiffel

[Liberty-eiffel] Puzzled

From: Paolo Redaelli
Subject: [Liberty-eiffel] Puzzled
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 12:47:30 +0100

I'm quite puzzled as I have been "battling" against my own
wrappers_generator to make it digest libxml2.

In fact it keeps "misteriously" crashing wrapping structure
xmlParserCtxt when compiled with
https://github.com/tybor/Liberty/blob/master/src/tools/wrappers-generator/wrappers_generator.ace
while it happily process everything when it is compiled with
https://github.com/tybor/Liberty/blob/master/src/tools/wrappers-generator/debug.ace
which produces wrappers_generator.debug

What can it cause this most peculiar behaviour?
I have double checked and I'm pretty sure the queries in the pre- and
post-conditions should NOT have any side-effects: I tried hard to avoid
side effects at all, knowing that sometimes in the future the compiler
would forbit them.

I have commited those changes to my repo on github
https://github.com/tybor/Liberty/

Since we're going to release ASAP I would rather compile
wrappers_generator using a non-boost mode making this bug manifest.
Currently the debug ace file - the one that makes the "working"
wrappers_generator -  compiles the lib and tools clusters in boost mode
and wrappers_generator with all assertions enabled. All in all it's not
*that* slow. I will try lowering assertion level to discover the lowest one.

Meanwhile I'll turn my attention to SQLITE wrappers that turned out to
be the current show-stoppers.

Oh, how much the user of those library would benefit from the convert
clause!

More on this this evening.

 Paolo