liberty-eiffel

Re: [Liberty-eiffel] GNU Summer of code: what ARM compilers do you plan

From: Raphael Mack
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] GNU Summer of code: what ARM compilers do you plan to use?
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 19:33:47 +0100

Hi,

Actually this is just a very rough idea as it is currently wittern down, because using a cross gcc for arm is a more or less trivial task, if the traget system has a unix-like runtime, as it is not more than exchanging the call of the compiler. With linking libraries it becomes more interesting, but far from a GSOC project scope. So it is up to a student to make a real proposal from this. E.g. using a bare metal device  (without OS), doing memory optimization or something of similar scope. - as far as I know, no student showed interest in this so far, so I do not expect, that - with the deadline end of the week - there is a good chance for a student to create a proposal from this...

Regards,
Rapha