liberty-eiffel

Re: [Liberty-eiffel] New to Eiffel - Where to Begin?

From: Raphael Mack
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] New to Eiffel - Where to Begin?
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 21:53:36 +0200

Hello Yves,

welcome in the Eiffel world. It depends a bit on your situation. If you
are interested in backgrounds and theory, I would highly recommend OOSC2
(ISBN 978-0136291558). It requires some discipline to work through the
1000+ pages, but it is worth it.
In case you "just" want to learn the language I suggest you install the
compiler and go through a few of the examples in the tutorial.

You can start with
http://wiki.liberty-eiffel.org/index.php/Tutorial_tour

and dive into other chapters in our wiki:
http://wiki.liberty-eiffel.org/index.php/Table_of_contents

It is far from complete, but it would be great, if you could take a look
and in case of any questions, do not hesitate to raise it here or in the
IRC channel #liberty-eiffel on freenode. We cannot promise you real-time
support but you can expect to get an answer within 2-3 days.

You will probably not like every aspect we tell you as "the right way"
right from the beginning, but if you are interested in clean concepts
and a great programming methodology it is a good choice to learn Eiffel.

Have fun,
Rapha