liberty-eiffel

Re: Option synonims

From: Raphael Mack
Subject: Re: Option synonims
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 20:07:24 +0100

Am Dienstag, dem 15.03.2022 um 14:14 +0100 schrieb Paolo Redælli:
> Do we know that we may use "--" instead of "-" and "-" instead of "_"
> in
> options?
>
> I.e.: -no_warning --no_warning -no-warning and --no-warning are all
> synonims for the same option.
>
> Shall I make it a little more known, perhaps changing the help
> message?

I even do not like to have so many different version of the same thing
:-) and for command line options my personal opinion is that eiffelish
names are not the best practice, we should stick to what is normal on
the command line. -> I would be fine to remove the _ and -xxxx options
from the command line help. One release later we could then issue a
warning that the old names are obsolete and again 1-2 releases later I
would be fine to get rid of these multiple options...

Regards,
Rapha