liberty-eiffel

Re: Are savannah and GitHub out of sync?

From: Raphael Mack
Subject: Re: Are savannah and GitHub out of sync?
Date: Wed, 01 May 2024 00:13:12 +0200

Mh. You're right, it seems that we messed it up here and had diverged
repos. Probably someone pushed to the github master branch directly (or
merged a PR on github). Normally we should merge those only to savannah
and let ET do the job to push the changes into github master.

Creating a ticket on savannah is always a good idea for reporting
problems. Even though savannah is not the best tool ever we are still a
GNU tool and willing to use it. As for most users and seldom
contributors the use of github might be more easy that can still be an
option and a PR there could normally also be merged into a local branch
on a machine of someone with write access to savannah and then we can
push it there.

I now tried to mess around further and left the repos with a dirty
history, but finally I believe that all the PRs are merged and we have
a working HEAD, but all who have contributed recently please double
check your latest changes and let me know if I didn't get the right at
the end.

Cheers,
Rapha