libmicrohttpd

Re: [libmicrohttpd] race condition on 0.9.73

From: José Bollo
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] race condition on 0.9.73
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 13:39:11 +0200

On Thu, 23 Sep 2021 18:12:39 +0200
Markus Doppelbauer <doppelbauer@gmx.net> wrote:

>  > ... because valgrind point out ...
>
> You should replace (slow) valgrind with (fast) address-sanatizer.
> Simply tell GCC (or clang) to compile with:  -fsanitize=address  -fno-
> omit-frame-pointer

Thank you Markus for the hint. I'll use it probably during development
phases.

However, valgrind is not intrusive and manage well the shared
libraries. Here I use LMHD as a shared object, some time I compile it
but most of the time I use the upstream one available on the distro.

My understanding is that I should have compiled LMHD to get a status
that I got from valgrind for free.