libreboot-dev

Re: [Libreboot-dev] booting from sd-card

From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
Subject: Re: [Libreboot-dev] booting from sd-card
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 19:51:52 +0200

On Mon, 13 Oct 2014 18:17:37 +0200
Robert Alessi <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Denis,
Hi,

> You're perfectly right.  I'm afraid I mistakenly considered these
> modules as Grub modules.  Sorry about that.
>
> I wonder if there's any other way to tell Grub how to find a keyfile
> which is on a SD card.
There are some other hardware related ways.
The one that work is to buy a (compact) usb<->microsd adapter. That way
the microsd with its will be recognized as an usb key. It's very far
from perfect though.

Else someone will have to add support for SD cards. Some very
experimental(working?) patches exist for SeaBIOS and maybe for some
other payloads(depthcharge?).

So that would require to code a driver for it for coreboot and/or grub.

> On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 02:20:49PM +0200, Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
> wrote:
[...] (very long quote of the previous mail).

> > Denis.
RFC1855 says that we should respond after the quote. Or maybe you
forgott to remove the huge quote.

Denis.