libreboot-dev

[Libreboot-dev] my Macbook2, 1 w/ latest libreboot randomly gets stuck i

From: Eric Fontaine
Subject: [Libreboot-dev] my Macbook2, 1 w/ latest libreboot randomly gets stuck in bootloot
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 12:22:33 -0500

I bought this Macbook2,1 used off eBay (was listed as a defective because screen and CD broken). After installing libreboot, it is working nicely as a server, except when I have to reboot, which will sometimes (seemingly randomly about %30 chance) get stuck in a bootloop with message:

"ERROR: Unknown key 0xff detected."

repeatedly displayed for15 seconds or so before repeating the bootloop. Here's pic:

http://ericfontainejazz.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/wpid-wp-1425315433766.jpeg

Anyone else have this problem or have an idea why or how I can debug? All keys seem to work okay (none are stuck). Before I installed libreboot, I did a dozen or so reboots with the Mac firmware, which although was slow sometimes, did complete all those boots given enough time.

-Eric

(P.S. Thanks for all the great work. I've also been using X60s for past 9 months real smoothly.)