libreboot-dev

[Libreboot-dev] x200 libreboot freezes

From: lopiuh
Subject: [Libreboot-dev] x200 libreboot freezes
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 02:18:42 +0200

Hi,

my x200 which is rock stable on lenovo bios  freezes on libreboot when x is running esp. gfx intensive / VLC / youtube playing on high resolution (2560x1440) / Ultradock, Displayport. I suppose that native vga bios in libreboot is problematc but I do not know. Tested with trisquel, debien (jessie and stretch).

Beside that I am interested in having something better than T60 running with libreboot, I want to support libreboot. After exiting X I don't have problems anymore in libreboot.

Maybe the next step is to check with memtest with the next libreboot build. I did not manage to get memtest run under the current build (20150518). Tested with several (fast) ram modules in slot 0 and no change in behaviour.

Nothing in syslog just complete freezes and even ALT-prt REISUB did not work.

Just wanted to let you know. Tried but failed in including the prorietary vgabios.bin in libreboot in order to test if the problems goes away in order to narrow down the problem.

If I could be of any help, please send me a mail lopiuh at gmx.de.

Ciao