libreboot-dev

[Libreboot-dev] Anti-Theft Measures

From: Alex Griffin
Subject: [Libreboot-dev] Anti-Theft Measures
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 14:22:19 -0600

Hello everyone,

I was thinking about how Libreboot could incorporate some kind of
anti-theft features along the lines of Prey, because that kind of
functionality has to move into firmware if you use full-disk encryption.
Then I hit upon a way simpler idea that you can just put at the bottom
of your grub.cfg:

    menuentry '' { true }
    menuentry 'If found please return to:' { true }
    menuentry 'My Name <address@hidden>' { true }
    menuentry '(###) ###-####' { true }

Technically this trick applies more generally to GRUB too, but it seems
more useful to me when it's embedded in firmware and thus harder to
remove. Would there be any interest in adding this to the manual if I
submitted a patch?
--
Alex Griffin