libreboot-dev

[Libreboot-dev] How to integrate seabios second payload into libreboot?

From: Thierry Laurion
Subject: [Libreboot-dev] How to integrate seabios second payload into libreboot?
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 16:32:10 +0000

Hi devs,

Question:
I'm looking into integrating back seabios payload into libreboot to be able to boot Qubes iso on a thinkpad x200. How are we supposed to copy and integrate seabios payload and GRUB2 seabios menu back into libreboot in manual builds?

Problem:
Using GRUB2 to load isolinux configuration results in "error: out of memory" message that would be interesting to troubleshoot hereafter, while seabios just worked out of the box.

Working version and hints on how to make it work again:
Seabios payload was present in libreboot-r20150518fix-562-g179b5ba but disappeared on later prebuilt versions.

I found some disparate documentation*, but nothing clearly stipulates what needs to be done to put back seabios into GRUB2 second payload and menu as it used to be found before in libreboot before.

*:
https://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2016-March/081116.html
https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/libreboot/2015-08/msg00045.html