libreboot-dev

Re: [Libreboot-dev] C201 Installation Permission Denied

From: Paul Kocialkowski
Subject: Re: [Libreboot-dev] C201 Installation Permission Denied
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2016 10:03:11 +0200

Le lundi 04 juillet 2016 à 20:57 +0300, address@hidden a écrit :
> Hello,

Hi,

> I think it would help if we have addressed a common error in
> installation guide: "permission denied" when running
> ./cros-flash-replace. It happens most of the time, because ChromeOS
> automatically mount the device with noexec flag. It is very simple, but
> can take annoying amount of time to figure out.

You're exactly right, I had this issue as well but fell behind on adding a note
about it. I'll try to do it soon.

> It could also help to warn people "not to disable developer mode". It
> causes vboot flags to be change and results in brick. (revertable with
> SPI flash though)

Fair enough.

> last commit before patch: 8bc0f550e1469479f2a31707c9934d7b64760871
>
> branch: master
>
> Thanks,

-- Paul Kocialkowski, developer of low-level free software for embedded devices

Website: https://www.paulk.fr/
Coding blog: https://code.paulk.fr/
Git repositories: https://git.paulk.fr/ https://git.code.paulk.fr/