libreboot-dev

[Libreboot-dev] Suggestions for documentation, keymap, and SHA512SUM

From: Kete Foy
Subject: [Libreboot-dev] Suggestions for documentation, keymap, and SHA512SUM
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 01:30:00 +0000

Thanks for the recent release—some suggestions I thought was to (1)
mention downloading the ROM from rom/ and then the directory for the
user's bootloader.

2. This page mentions (flashrom -r) when maybe it should say (flash -r):
https://libreboot.org/docs/hcl/gm45_remove_me.html#ich9gen

3. I request a uscolemak keymap please.

4. I don't know where the key for the SHA512SUM.sig is.

5. In the SHA512SUM, the rom files are prefixed with 'rom/grub', so the
checksum fails until I made those directories and moved the file into them.

6. You should instruct users to run make in the flashrom directory
before running flash.

That is all. Thanks again,
Kete
--
https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org
gpg --recv-key 'D7E9 5431 9C95 097F C314  C2A2 DD8C 15BD 0168 5E3A'