libreboot-discuss

Project name

From: Ferass EL HAFIDI
Subject: Project name
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 15:49:57 +0000

Hi Adrien and Denis.

Hope you're all doing well!

I'd appreciate if you could rename your fork of libreboot to something
else. I personally see this fork just like yet another one, but keeping
the name of the original project is considered quite hostile and will
confuse many people.

Here are examples of names you could choose:
* FreeBIOS
* LibreBIOS
* GNU boot (maybe apply for GNU membership?)
* Clearboot
* (...)

Except the name, I'd be happy to contribute one day. The website is
horribly outdated and lbmk needs to pull from upstream (without changes
not acceptable for the project, of course).

Have a nice day!

  -- f_