librefm-discuss

Re: [Librefm-discuss] Fwd: Welcome to the "Librefm-discuss" mailing list

From: Matt Lee
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 12:06:31 -0500

On 02/01/10 11:51, Dan Brickley wrote:

Welcome Libby...

> How much of this is cross-linked with MusicBrainz IDs?

237532 tracks are missing any Musicbrainz IDs, so it's quite high.

> Do you have any data-driven measures of artist similarity yet? Is this
> at the stage where we could nudge eg. student projects towards the
> data? Talking of which, how do people get at the data? What feeds /
> formats are there currently?

We need to figure out the formats for the data and start providing it.

But yeah, I would love to see student projects helping us with the
similarity. It's the one thing we really do not have.

> If users were watching video (my current project is TV oriented), does
> this fit into the libre.fm picture at all? Is there a working
> assumption of audio-only? Of music-only? How are things scoped
> currently?

No, I think TV shows would work too... what is the metadata on your
typical TV show? DVDs vs torrented TV shows, etc.

But there's no reason why you couldn't send us the following:

Artist: The Young Ones
Album: The Young Ones (series two)
Title: Nasty
Running time: 35 mins

etc etc.

> Do they have plans to be a kind of 'net broadcaster? the bandwidth
> bills can't be fun...

Nope ;)

But yeah, someone has to have bandwidth spare they'd like to donate.