librefm-discuss

[Librefm-discuss] Re: Welcome to the "Librefm-discuss" mailing list

From: Tim McCormack
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 20:16:35 -0500

Matt Lee wrote:
> Jamendo's Ogg streams are broken, and attempts to get them fixed have not
> been useful. They are having some financial troubles, I believe.

Interesting. I used to be a big user of Jamendo—torrenting music, rating albums,
sending money to artists—and I've been troubled by some of the changes I've
seen. The site design is not as friendly, the OGG torrents are not seeded [1],
the artists are spamming other users, and the admins are unresponsive.

I think their site went through a growth period that the admins were not
prepared for. I hope they can pull through without undergoing too much of a
personality change; I've been impressed with the ingenuity and creativity of the
site and community.

 - Tim McCormack

[1] I've had to seed OGG manually by joining the swarm, stopping my torrent
client, downloading the album .zip via API, and restarting the torrent.