librefm-discuss

Re: [Librefm-discuss] Libre.fm as the central place for obtaining free m

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Librefm-discuss] Libre.fm as the central place for obtaining free music
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 22:49:30 -0500

Free with respect to purely informational matters means that you lay no claim whatsoever to the physical property of others, including their own speech or distribution of information, that requires monetary compensation or cessation of operations.  More concisely, it means that you release the information with a promise that you will not use violence or the threat thereof to collect proceeds from its use.  This means that all legal rights over the material are waived, and that nobody else may claim these rights in the future (assuming the complexity required to lay claim to an idea is not decreasing over time, which, in reality, it is).