librefm-discuss

Re: [Librefm-discuss] Business Plan

From: Daniel Sobey
Subject: Re: [Librefm-discuss] Business Plan
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 19:34:59 +0930

hi Plínio Silva,

Yes you can setup your own server and use the script linked below to
export data from last.fm or a gnu.fm instance to a gnu.fm instance.

http://bugs.libre.fm/wiki/LastToLibre

Seeing you are a python programmer may i make a request?

The above script works fine but i would like it to automatically export
my scribbles. It should just be a process of connecting to the database
and running:
select * from scrobbles where id=2 and time > last_run;

the results would then be piped into the script.

I'm keeping a close eye on the social-discuss mailing list about the gnu
social project and i'm hoping libre.fm will fit into that model of
social software and permissions.

I have setup my own front-end written in java and I am still using the
gnukebox component from gnu.fm to capture scrobbles import into the
database. It was easy enough for me to do so i would give it a try if
you know python.

Regards,
Daniel