librefm-discuss

[Librefm-discuss] well designed site - rdio.com

From: Joshua Gay
Subject: [Librefm-discuss] well designed site - rdio.com
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 12:37:16 -0400

This is not an endoresment to rdio.com. But, I think as the development team is roadmapping the future of libre.fm, it might be worth taking a look at rdio.com. If anybody is interested in a trial membership, I currently have one and it allows me to invite others for a trial membership -- so please let me know. I think that it would be worthwhile to look over the site and to jot down useful features and design choices. They've done a nice job of making it "social"; providing netflix-liek recommendations; creating "stations"; allowing people to creat custom playlists; queues; and a nice way to browse through albums and artists and get reviews of albums and artists. Please note that this is different than services like Pandora in that it is focused on letting users play whatever songs or albums they wish and not being a "radio station". But, it also has a mobile service, but, I have not tried that.

-Josh

--
"Every time the word 'achievement' or 'academics' is used to mean test scores we cheapen the meaning of both terms." --Deborah Meier