librefm-discuss

[Librefm-discuss] Further Semantic Web ontologies for the T-Box of the L

From: Bob Ferris
Subject: [Librefm-discuss] Further Semantic Web ontologies for the T-Box of the Libre.fm knowledge representation model
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 23:14:55 +0100

Hi guys,

as already mentioned in your IRC chat channel:

Today, I had some time (interest) to look a bit closer at your project. I saw that you are providing serialized Semantic Graphs as output for information requests on your API and using Semantic Web ontologies for knowledge representation. I'm doing a project in a similar field. Therefore, I designed several (probably helpful) ontologies to describe specific domains and issues in this area. You can find information and links on my webspace index[1] or on the related blog[2] e.g.,
- an ontology for describing counters (the Counter Ontology[3]),
- an ontology for describing media playlist and specific media action counters (the Play Back Ontology[4]), - an ontology for describing recommendations (the Recommendation Ontology[5]). It would be glad, if you could consider some of these ontologies in the T-Box of your knowledge representation model. Please don't hesitate to ask further questions regarding the design of these ontologies or concrete utilizations (use cases).

Cheers,

Bob

PS: I'm also a co-developer of the Music Ontology ;)
PPS: Libre.fm could be a bit more Linked Data-ish (I saw only links for artists on DBTune)

[1] http://purl.org/smiy/
[2] http://smiy.wordpress.com/
[3] http://purl.org/ontology/co/core#
[4] http://purl.org/ontology/pbo/core#