librefm-discuss

Re: [Librefm-discuss] Some thoughts about the librefm theme

From: Lincoln de Sousa
Subject: Re: [Librefm-discuss] Some thoughts about the librefm theme
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 13:09:12 -0200

Hello there,

Excerpts from Matt Lee's message of Tue Jan 11 13:43:38 -0200 2011:
> On 01/11/11 08:29, Lincoln de Sousa wrote:
>
> > So, I've started to work on the layout and here[0] is my first try. As
> > mentioned above, I started from the profile page. There are some general
> > considerations that I'd like to make about things I've done. Here they
> > are:
> >
> >  * Footer sucks
>
> Yup. Move the ad into the body of the page, and I'll work on some better
> copy for the footer.

I'll make some tests with this approach.

> >  * I have used colors from Pablo's svg but in the way I did it, it's
> >    very close to last.fm. In my opinion we should work a bit more on it
> >    and maybe change these colors.
>
> Yes. I think we should also make GNU FM ship with a few different color
> choices.

Shouldn't the theme system provide it? I mean, we'll have to change
colors but images too.

Anyway, I've updated that profile screen hosted in my server. I've
removed that hot orange from the background.

http://comum.org/~lincoln/librefm/profile.html

> >  * The search form drives the user to a detailed search page and he/she
> >    will be able to choose which kind of data should be shown (users,
> >    tags, songs etc).
>
> Cool.
>
> >  * Player shortcut is too simple. Maybe we should do something to make
> >    it more interesting to the user.
>
> Player shortcut? I don't get what this is.

Hehe, you just comproved my theory. It's hard to realize that it was a
way for reaching the player. That input with the "Listen to the freedom
songs" title is what I called player shortcut.

> >  * Two very important things in the sidebar (my friends and my dents)
> >    depends on external connections that is not so usual to users to
> >    setup. We have to find a way to make it really simple and easy to
> >    understand.
>
> Yes. Maybe we can do some kind of "connect to Twitter" type button on
> the user profile, so we let people connect to their Twitter, Facebook,
> GNU social, identi.ca, diaspora, whatever... or all of them.

I don't know GNU Social deeply enough to understand how it handles
friends and groups system, but me, as a librefm user, would use my foaf
information provided by identi.ca.

These other non-free networks provides foaf? Or we'll have to write a
different software for each API? (Facebook proposed that open social,
does it work for what we want?)

I'm almost sure that these questions don't fit in this thread :P

> Keep up the great work!

Thank you! I'll do my best :)
--
Lincoln de Sousa <address@hidden>