librefm-discuss

[Librefm-discuss] Some ideas about integration libre.fm with identi.ca

From: Kacper Pluta
Subject: [Librefm-discuss] Some ideas about integration libre.fm with identi.ca
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 00:51:26 +0200

A few days ago while exchanging messages with Matt Lee on Identi.ca, I proposed to integrate Libre.fm with Identi.ca. Matt asked directly what I mean. In accordance with his wishes, I will describe some of my ideas related to this idea here.

Recently when I had problems starting Amarok 2 with Libre.fm I wondered why at all this I use? I set up an account in Libre.fm, out of curiosity and then I liked to check my stats, and that's all. You must know that I like to share information on Idneti.ca about what exactly I'm listening. It's a bit annoying because every time I do it manually. I came to the conclusion that if I send all this information about what I listen to Libre.fm why not take advantage?

Why can not I just send a message to Identi.ca like: „/fm share to !listening” and Identi.ca will check in the last 10 minutes I sent something to Libre.fm and sends it to the group listening. I would also like to see if my friend ever heard Moloko “/fm like @rysiek moloko”
then I got private message telling whether the statistics @rysiek is something about Moloko and if so I would like to inquire about the percentage of the statistics.
It was cool to be able to find people with similar musical tastes on Identi.ca Or see what my friend just listens at this time. I would also like to on my web profile on Identi.ca display a list of my favorite pieces in the vertical bar on the right side.

It's a little late so I ended. Sorry for my English but I'm a little tired and I helped myself by a translator.

--
"If you build your empire on money, it'll fall like a house of cards, if you build it on love, you've built Taj Mahal!" - Mark Hartmaier