librefm-discuss

Re: [Librefm-discuss] New Here - Have Some Questions

From: Darryl G. Wright
Subject: Re: [Librefm-discuss] New Here - Have Some Questions
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 10:24:20 -0800

Thanks to all of you for the information and answers to the questions.
This is not the first time I've lurked around Libre.fm but I feel in
light of the realities of SOPA it's never been more important to have
a choice about using an open system. Even without SOPA I've always
been dubious about the fact that Last.fm owned that data and I had no
way of tracking it myself.

I'm also trying to recruit the fellow who wrote the Google Music
scrobbler Chrome extension to modify it to support Libre.fm.