librefm-discuss

Re: [Librefm-discuss] Anomaly - The Libre.fm / GNU FM Chrome Extension

From: Darryl G. Wright
Subject: Re: [Librefm-discuss] Anomaly - The Libre.fm / GNU FM Chrome Extension
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 11:13:12 -0800

Looking for some opinions on this... any thoughts?

There are 2 solutions to this:

1) I modify the ext to be exclusively a "Libre.fm" scrobbler and
remove the ability to configure servers. Having tested it now, it
appears this is an issue. Even though its presently configurable it
will not reach other servers without predefined permissions.

2) Open it up to be able to access "all domains" essentially asking to
people accept the security risk. The only real risk is that they may
not trust the extension, which is fair enough. I could adopt a "try at
your own risk" policy. Just seems nasty somehow.

Option #1 isn't a big deal since I am releasing this source free
anyway. So if someone wanted to download and configure it for their
own server they could do it in minutes and re-release it as a seperate
extension. "Scrobbler for Server X".

Any thoughts?