librefm-discuss

[Librefm-discuss] Questions about Love

From: Darryl G. Wright
Subject: [Librefm-discuss] Questions about Love
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 11:05:10 -0700

Hey All,

I am curious about how the 'love' option works in the client API. I
just added the 'ratings' field to my scrobbler client which now
carries "L" for live if the user clicks on the option on the client.
Given that there's no real feedback on the song itself from the server
though, I am wondering if it's typical for the client to store this
information locally? Or is there some method I should be querying to
find out as a track starts playing whether or not the user rated it?

The reason I ask is because when I've seen this implemented on most
other clients the 'Love' icon usually shows up when a track that you
previously loved comes on.

My other question is - on Libre.fm specifically, is there a way you
can see which tracks were loved or is that aspect of the API
unsupported? Right now my client is either not working properly or
nothing is showing up in my listening history.

Thanks,
Darryl