librefm-discuss

Re: [Librefm-discuss] Hardware for libre.fm player

From: David Thompson
Subject: Re: [Librefm-discuss] Hardware for libre.fm player
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 08:15:20 -0400

test <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Currently I am working on my own hardware that allows you to play
> libre.fm using only free software. You don't need to buy a non-free
> mediaplayer. It is codenamed the GNUkebox and it should meet the FSF's
> criteria for RYF: http://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/endorsement/criteria
> It will be avialable as a DIY Kit.
>
> Hardware:
>       A13-OLinuXino without WIFI and Android
>       Tehnoetic WIFI Adapter
>       Conrad 2 x 40 W Stereo-Amplifier DIY Kit
>
> Software:
>       GNU with Guix,dmd and Linux-libre
>       libre.fm client based on VLC
>       Web interface using libmicrohttpd
>
> Tobias Platen

Hello Tobias,

Sounds like an interesting project.  Is there a source code repository
that I could view?  Did you just start this work or is the project
nearing completion?

It's really cool to see that you are using the GNU system via Guix.
Since Guix cannot boot on its own yet (only in a virtualized
environment, the 1.0 release will be bootable), are you using another
GNU/Linux distribution to bootstrap Guix?

- Dave